An artist by training, an educator by profession, Zarina holds a Bachelor's Degree (hons)in fine arts from UITM Sah Alam. Her artistic career began in 1999, with active participation in numerous art competitions and exhibitions.Zarina secured a SOLO at the NSTP Art Exhibition Center in 2005, entitled "SWEET CARGO". Among the highlight of her career was winning the Grand Prize NOKIA ART AWARD in 2002.Her collaboration with government agencies has granted her exhibitions at Kustem Terengganu, Museum Losong Terengganu , Batu Nesan Pulau Omadal, Samporna , Sabah, UPM Bangi, Perak State Gallery, MPIK, Kajang, Selangor and KL Libraries. She had also participated in international projects- painting on cruise ship "Pride of America" in Bremenhaven, Germany (2005), and Korean Art Festival in 2004. Zarina's artwork can be seen at corporate offices of Bank Negara Malaysia, Bank of America, New Strait Times Press and Tenaga Nasional Berhad. Amongst the private collectors are Dato' Seri Idris Jusoh, Datin Amar Elizabeth Moggie , Tanjong Jara Resort and avid international art collectors from Russia, Germany, Japan , Brunei and Australia.
the Trishaw Series or "Siri Beca" represented the beginning of my artistic journey towards creating a distinctive style. Through the use of bold strokes and interesting perspectives, I attempted to unveil the hadship faced by the trishaw peddlers as they eked out an honest living.
"Sweet Cargo" is a continuation of this series focusing on the trishaw from a slightly different perspective. To breathe greater life into these new works, i incorporated more vibrant colors especially onto the different torpical fruits I have included, hence the title. This is perhaps a reflection of the youthful energy I paint with at this juncture of my career as an artist.
I hope to continue evolving in my style and approaches, to further develop my God given talent and to always create works that touch my audience in a profound way.
* Shah Alam Gallery "MERDEKA"
* Kuala Lumpur State Library with JPWP
* Selangor State Library "OPEN YOUR MIND"
* Kajang Library "MENGENAL SENI"
* Maktab Perguruan Ilmu Khas, KL
*Tanjung Jara Beach Resort, Dungun, Terengganu
*SOLO at NSTP Main Lobby "SWEET CARGO"
*Museum Losong , Kuala Terengganu "CITRA TERENGGANU"
* Universiti Putra Malaysia, Bangi
*Perak State Gallery "INSAN SENI ANAK PERAK"
* Suga Gakai SGM, Cheras "ILHAM ALAM"
* Shah Alam Gallery
* National Art Gallery, KL "ART BAZAAR"
* Artrageously Ramsay Ong , KL "COLORFUL MALAYSIA"
* collaboration with RAHIM JABBAR "MALAYSIA FINE ARTS" Kuching, Sarawak
* Artrageously Ramsay Ong , Kuching, Sarawak "BURUNG KENYALANG"
* Soul al-Tar , Maju Junction, KL "COLOUR OF THOUGHT"
* KUSTEM Terengganu "TURTLE LIFE"
* Bank Negara Malaysia
* SOLO at Artrageously Ramsay Ong , KL "DARI MATA KE MATA"
* Shah Alam Gallery OPEN SHOW
*Mid Valley Mega Mall, KL "SPIRIT OF MERDEKA"
* Pelita Hati Gallery, KL "KONTAK" Fine Arts Bachelors Degree
* Shah Alam , Selangor art demo with Anuar Dan
* Nokia Art 2002 "COLOUR YOUR DESTINY"
* Shah Alam Gallery "CAHAYA DAN RUANG"
* Shah Alam Gallery "ARUS"
* Shah Alam Gallery "LONGEST PAINTING"
* UiTM Shah Alam Art Market
AWARDS & COMPETITIONS
Citra Terengganu at Museum Losong, Terengganu Consolation Prize
Orchid Festival Drawing Competition , Shah Alam Top Five
Korean Art Festival , Seoul, Korea Invited Artist
NOKIA Art Award 2002 Grand Prize
Bank Negara Malaysia , KL Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) Kementerian Pendidikan (BPG) Bank of America NSTP Museum Losong, Kuala Trengganu Dato' Sri Idris bin Jusoh Anuar Dan Datin Amar Elizabeth Moggie Prof Dr Stive, UK Thomas Pike Donald Tan Christopher Meed, Germany Dennis Madden , Russia Joseph de Cruz Dato' Jamil Jamaluddin Peter & Mary, Venezuela Ramsay Ong Jo Odessa, Australia Chen Lee Kien Soka Gakai Japan Tanjong Jara Resort